Lost your fourth duel in a row? Simply can't find a counter-measure against the talent build of that hunter? Looking for new ways to win battlegrounds in record time? Then the World of Warcraft PvP Guide was written for you. It aims to give you a whole new understanding of player versus player combat in WoW. From group tactics to class specific strategies and special PvP-attuned items it leaves nothing out to upgrade your PvP skill - at solo, group and raid level.
|Highlights of the World of Warcraft PvP Guide:
- PvP macros that save you valuable seconds in every fight
- Deadly arena and 1on1 strategies for every single class
- How to dominate Battlegrounds from Warsong Gulch to Eye of the Storm
- Tested and proven tactical references for every class
- The must-have item list for every players serious about PvP
- Profession secrets that decide a match in your favour before you even take the first swing
Battleground strategies: Whether it is a 40 vs 40 Alterac Valley massacre or a fierce round of Warsong Gulch: Employing the right strategies is what decides the outcome of the battle. The World of Warcraft PvP Guide addresses not only team strategies, but also offers a course of action for single players, duos and trios. Find out how you personally can change the tides. Take full advantage of the potential your class offers in these circumstances:
- Alterac Valley: Strategies for both sides, covering progression, tactical movements, and play styles for attackers and defenders. Quest walk-throughs including rewards offer a run down on different opportunities in this BG. Exact reputation figures and statistics give you an idea of the value of different targets.
- Arathi Basin: Exact formulas for AB offer a good insight into how this battleground works. Learn the ropes of the fighting ground and how to judge the different locations with a run-down on camp risks and opportunities. A quick view at the rewards shows you what's really worth the effort.
- Eye of the Storm: Lead your team to success in the Burning Crusade battleground. Compact strategies and a quick-guide explain how you can devastate your opponents on this battleground.
- Warsong Gulch: A guide to flag capturing and defending brings you up to date with the most advanced methods currently employed in WSG. As with the other battlegrounds you also get an analysis of the different available rewards.
Class specific PvP strategies: World of Warcraft offers a very different PvP experience depending on the class you play. Are you the Warrior that charges into groups with heavy healer support? Are sneaky stealth attacks your preferred choice of taking out your enemies? In the World of Warcraft PvP Guide individual abilities get addressed in class specific chapters:
- Class analysis: A scrupulous in-depth look reveals the true strengths and weaknesses of classes in World of Warcraft. Know the weak spots of your enemies and avoid their strong area using this quick reference. Find out how to take advantage of your own potential and how to compensate for drawbacks.
- PvP Macros: The must-have macros from druids to warriors that every player needs to set up. Without the right short-cuts you loose valuable seconds in every fight - and not seldom the deciding ones. Be sure to have the right buttons on your toolbar with this collection.
- Strategic advice: How to fight against different classes, specific abilities, recommended talents - all the nifty details of dirty PvP are explained here. Start your PvP career well prepared or learn what you have been missing out so far.
PvP Items: Equipment might not be everything in PvP, but without the right gear you won't even get a chance to show off your skill. If you want to stand a chance against seasoned PvP veterans you need a decent set. Luckily this doesn't mean that you have to spend endless hours raiding. Knowing the right quests, locations and profession items allow you to put together a fine PvP set on a shoestring and in casual play sessions.
- Potions and Consumables: The bread and butter of every die-hard PvPer in free-for-all duels for cold hard gold are potions and consumables. Providing a temporary boost that can compensate quite a few pieces of epic armor these have turned the tides of battle in uncounted 1on1s. Which ones provide the best return and how to employ things more complicated than a healing potion in a smart way is being covered in this chapter.
- Engineering: The author looks at the best of gnomish and goblin engineering and how you can work it into your play style. Learn how to set up some big surprises for your opponents and how to get a practical use out of all those gadgets that sound so nice and easy to use in theory.
|"Very well written guide!!"
|- Robert S.
Free updates: All future updates of this guide are of course included in the purchase price. When an update is published, you will receive a notification. Just log into your account and download the update for free!