Star Wars: The Old Republic Data Revealed in Investor’s Call
on Feb 3, 2012 in News
| Comments Off
Information released to investors and stockholders at the Electronic Arts conference call gives insight into the game’s progress so far. Here are some bulleted highlights:
- Over 2 million SWTOR units were sold in just over a month
- SWTOR has 1.7 million active subscribers. “The majority of these subscribers are paying customers already.” Eric Brown
- Metrics on engagement: 1 million users log in per day staying in game for 4 hours per day
- Server performance and stability exceeded expectation with 99.5% up time outside schedule maintenance.
- Grow subscribers with frequent content updates
- Another major update larger than the first coming in March
- Q3 2012 fiscal revenues are higher than Q3 2011 driven by the successful launch of SWTOR
- Net revenue for PC titles, including SWTOR, is up significantly over Q3 2011
- “Fastest growing subscription MMO in history,” John Riccitiello
- EA shipped SWTOR units in December that were slated to ship in January, well ahead of schedule, and led to an increase in revenue in Q3 2012
- SWTOR drove most of the digital increase by Origin
- 40% of the sales of SWTOR came through Origin, numbers that were not shown in overall numbers of sales until now
- Increased marketing funds will be spent on SWTOR to take advantage of the momentum of the game’s success to date. Ready to launch a major mass market television campaign and cross promotion with “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3D” which comes out in February.
- “SWTOR will be an important factor in next year’s results (fiscal 2013).” Eric Brown.
- PvP upgrades and expansion packs in the works
- Looking at the Asian market, Australian/New Zealand market sales expansion with more information to be released in the coming weeks and months.