As of today, Android users get dibs on Spacetime Studios’ latest mobile sci-fi MMORPG, Blackstar Chronicles, which is the second entry to the highly successful Legends franchise. iOS gamers will be able to download the game at a later date. More details as reported by Enhanced Online News follow.
“Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is a sci-fi mobile MMORPG set in a far corner of our galaxy during the 41st century. In this initial Star Legends installment, human privateers travel to the UCS Blackstar, a massive colony ship, to answer the call of fame and fortune. Two factions, the space-age humans and the alien threat known as the Vular, battle one another for resources, power and inter-galactic dominance.
Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is the second title in the popular Legends franchise. The first game, fantasy themed Pocket Legends, is the world’s largest mobile MMO with approximately five million downloads.
“When we launched Pocket Legends on Android we were blown away by the response from the community. Android has since become the leading revenue driver and our primary focus,” says Cinco Barnes, Chief Vision Officer, Spacetime Studios. “It is so easy to publish apps on their Market that it became a no-brainer for us to flip the standard mobile game strategy on its head and launch on Android before any other OS.”
- Thrilling sci-fi, futuristic 3D world where humans and aliens battle for universal supremacy
- Three customizable character classes with unique appearances and abilities
- Thousands of space-age items including: weapons, armor sets, and equipment
- Countless hours of worldwide, multiplayer, open-world gameplay
- MMO components usually reserved for PC, including: character development and progression, grouping, guilds, friends, chat, and more
- Playable via Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G or 4G connections on Android 2.0 and above mobile devices
- XPERIA PLAY optimized
The title is Powered by SpacetimeSM which will allow Android, iOS and Windows users to play together globally. The technology supports game play over Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G networks.
Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is free to download and play. The game features optional microtransactions and virtual currency that can enhance the play experience with vanity items and costumes.
The game is currently available for download on Android Market™ and VCAST.
For more details visit http://www.starlegends.com/.”
Source: Enhanced Online News