Eve Online Launches Incarna Today
on Jun 21, 2011 in Eve Online
| 0 comments
After months of buildup, the highly anticipated summer update, Incarna, for Eve Online launched today. One of the bright spots in the update is the Captain’s Quarters, provides a 3D user interface and a full view of a player’s character. Incarna also brings some redesigns to turrets, quests and animations to accomodate the use of an avatar in the Captain’s Quarters. Here are a few features introduced by Incarna:
- The starship Maller has been redesigned to be sleeker and more aesthetically pleasing.
- Station hangar has been replaced by the Captain’s Quarters, and capsuleers can step out of their pods.
- The main screen will provide real time information on in-game current events, including shifts in power, incursions and the Interstellar Newsfeed.
- Avatar movement and control over player character is available.
- All players will be required to create an avatar for their characters, and new players will begin their journey from the Captain’s Quarters, instead of space.
- Starting missions have been redesigned, along with tutorials.
- Aura is being reintroduced as an Agent, and will be in charge of getting new players acquainted with the game.
Incarna also introduces six new missions, a virtual store and a number of fixes to bugs.
Check out the full details here.
Leave a Reply