Battlestar Galactica Offers Private PVP Instances
on Jul 1, 2011 in News
| 0 comments
Battlestar Galactica Online end of June update will bring players some brand new features. On top of rolling out two new star systems, blockade warnings, and the ability to abandon missions, the highlight of the update is the introduction of Arena matches, or private instanced PVP battles. There will be two types of Arena matches: Ranked 1 versus 1 and 1 versus 1 Duels. There are a few differences between the different formats.
Duel Matches can be done anytime and anyone can challenge another player, regardless of ship class size. Duels do not effect Arena ranking and no rewards are reaped if victories.
Here’s a breakdown of the Arena Ranked 1v1 format:
1v1 Ranked Matches
- 1v1 Ranked Arena Matches allow players to pit themselves against other pilots of both factions to determine who is the ‘Top Gun’ on their server in each ship size class (Strike, Escort and Line)
- You can search for a 1v1 Ranked Arena Match at any time by clicking the new Arena button in the upper-right of the HUD to open the Arena window, selecting 1v1 from the match types on the left and the clicking the Check In button on the lower righ
1v1 Ranked Match Rules
- 1v1 Ranked Matches take place in an instanced Arena space
- After loading into the Arena, there is a short countdown before a match starts
- Matches last for 10 minutes
- There are two main ways to win an Arena match:
- Defeating the opponent
- Moving close to the ‘capture beacon’ at the centre of the Arena and remaining there for 30 seconds without attacking or being attacked
- If neither player achieves a victory within the match duration of 10 minutes, the player who has inflicted the most damage on their opponent will be declared the winner
- If both players have inflicted exactly the same amount of damage on each other, the match will be declared a draw
- The Arena is limited in size – if a player moves outside the Arena area, they will receive a warning message, and if they do not return to the Arena area within 30 seconds, they will forfeit the match and their opponent will be declared the winner
Read more on the Battlestar Galactica Online forums.
Leave a Reply