A Glimpse at SWTOR PVP Combat
on May 16, 2011 in SWTOR
| 0 comments
Every MMO gamer that’s waiting for SWTOR release is salivating at the opportunity to kill some rebel scum or imperial knaves. But do we really know what the PVP system is going to look like in SWTOR?
During SWTOR’s Immersion Day in early May, Bioware’s Lead Designer Emmanuel Lusinchi sat down with MMORPG.com to talk about the PVP system. Check out the full interview here. If you’re seeking a full run-down on PvP fights, you can also pre-order our SWTOR guide for a solid introduction to PvP in the game.
Here are some highlights of the PVP system:
- At the moment, there are two forms of PVP: Warzones and Open World PVP. Warzones will have defined objectives and goals, along with teams of 8. Dueling will also be possible.
- Players will be able to earn loot and experience through Warzones, but shouldn’t rely on these battlegrounds as a primary tool to leveling. Balance is important, and doing both PVP and PVE is recommended.
- Warzones will be available for players at level 10.
- Tank classes will play an important role in PVP combat. Tank threat abilities will force opposing players to decide to continue DPS on original target with a severe damage penalty, or target the tank.
- A PVP reward system will be available to purchase loot and gear.
- Companions and pets will not be allowed in Warzones.
Check out MMORPG.com’s hands-on experience of the PVP system during their Immersion Day visit here.
Article by: Sam Shaw
Leave a Reply